The Door Switch is an over-the-door patented pressure sensitive alarm, for inpatient behavioral healthcare facilities, that helps warn off sentinel event suicides. If a patient attempts to loop anything over the door, in a effort to hang or asphyxiate themselves, The Door Switch system will notify the staff of a suicide attempt.
The Door Switch™ is a complete hardware package that includes the following features:
- Designed for new construction or as a retrofit solution for inpatient behavioral healthcare facility doors
- System keeps an electronic date and time log of the last 512 events (time of alarm, response time, audible reset time).
- All system components are electronically supervised 24/7 and will notify if maintenance is required. Monitored doors can be isolated from the system during maintenance.
- Electrified hinge section factory-made to fit with the switch, no cutting in the field. Separate from the continuous hinge to provide easy access for maintenance, without the need to take down the door.
- Switch activation at one pound (1lb.) applied pressure.
- Isolated keyswitch located by monitored room and assures patient safety.
- Deluxe keypad used to monitor the status and reset The Door Switch™ system.
- Strobe light placed above room door gives quick visual location.
Audible alarm used to notify personnel of a alarm condition.
Patent Number RE42,991 and RE44,039.