The Door Switch is an over-the-door patented pressure sensitive alarm, for inpatient behavioral healthcare facilities, that helps warn off sentinel event suicides. If a patient attempts to loop anything over the door, in an effort to hang or asphyxiate themselves, The Door Switch system will notify the staff of a suicide attempt.
The Door Switch™ is a complete hardware package that includes the following features:
- Designed for new construction or as a retrofit solution for inpatient behavioral healthcare facility doors
- System keeps an electronic date and time log of the last 512 events (time of alarm, response time, audible reset time).
- All system components are electronically supervised 24/7 and will notify if maintenance is required. Monitored doors can be isolated from the system during maintenance.
- Electrified hinge section factory-made to fit with the switch, no cutting in the field. Separate from the continuous hinge to provide easy access for maintenance, without the need to take down the door.
- Switch activation at one pound (1lb.) applied pressure.
- Isolated keyswitch located by monitored room and assures patient safety.
- Deluxe keypad used to monitor the status and reset The Door Switch™ system.
- Strobe light placed above room door gives quick visual location.
- Audible alarm used to notify personnel of an urgent condition.
Patent Number RE42,991 and RE44,039.
To see how we can implement this product in your facility, contact our sales team today!
Our Recent Testimonials
David Bean CHFM, FMPRegional Corporate Manager of Facilities UHSBehavioral Safety Products “BSP” is one of the preferred vendors for UHS ligature resistant products. I have worked with David DeLoache and his team over the past 9 years, utilizing many of their products within our facilities. They are continuously evaluating the challenging needs of the behavioral environment and creating new products to meet our hospital needs.
Amber Siegfried, LPC, CBISAssistant Director
Tulsa Center for Behavioral Health
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse ServicesI am pleased to share with you and your team that we have had a highly positive experience with BSP. Your team has been very patient and responsive to our questions, our mistakes and our needs. Many of the products involved very specific details and the team at BSP went above and beyond to explain each specification and double check my work. We greatly appreciate all you have done for us and I’m sure will continue to do!
Jason TerranovaOPTIMUS ARCHITECTUREI greatly appreciate the assistance the team at BSP has provided us throughout the course of design and into construction. You have been very patient with what may have seemed like never-ending questions. I find it invaluable to have vendors, such as BSP, who are patient, thorough, and take the time to understand our project needs. Vendors like you keep owners and architects happy and ultimately help make the project a success.
Chief Executive OfficerBanner HealthThe team at Behavioral Safety Products has been a terrific partner in our efforts to update our older behavioral health inpatient units. Many of the units have dated spaces that have odd fixtures and required retrofitting to be installed. They have helped us on multiple projects and even worked with their distributor to speed up delivery time in order for us to meet internal deadlines. BSP has been a pleasure to work with and a great resource for our facilities team.